1) For all BC Learners. Complete with an excellent list of resources, video tutorials, free one-on-one tutoring, quizzes, worksheets etc. Visit Learn Now BC. Do check it out! Click on “students” and then “study centre”. Online tutoring is available once you register. Success Checker gives you access to online practice tests. Charged Up also provides excellent instructional videos for your use.
2) Lean your multiplication tables with this super awesome 3D video game!
3) Excellent resource of videos of Math tutorials that is actually listed on www.learnnowbc.ca: Khan Academy.
4) Math lessons, practice tests & quizzes, based on the old Math curriculum. Some topics are just shifted to different grades. For example Math 10 Sequence & Series is now in Math 11 Precalc. Visit BC Math.
5) Algebra help, of all levels. Complete with quizzes, worksheets, free online tutoring. Visit Purple Math.
6) Free student resources from Discovery. Math help, homework help & games.
7) National Library of Virtual Manipulatives of Utah State University (for high schoolers).
8) NCTM’s Illuminations: Resources for Teaching Math (for teachers).
9) Powerful computational math engine. Not just a web calculator. Oh so much more. Plug in the equation you’re trying to figure out, it’ll solve and graph and just print out some beautiful math things. Visit Wolframalpha.
10) Youtube video of how to download a free graphing calculator (TI-83). Click here.
12) Old University of Waterloo math contests (for high school students).
13) Free online math games! Worth checking out!
14) Explore a world, and to achieve quests you must complete math tasks! MathMovesU
15) Mathamaze is an online, multi-player quiz game that challenges you to solve interesting math questions and puzzles. Play against others across the world!
16) Are you being bullied?? Take a look at bullies2buddies! Practical ways to help you handle your situation.
17) FREE ONLINE COURSES from universities all over the world!!! Learn what YOU want to learn!! Free AND self-directed…. doesn’t get any better than that!!!
If you have more resources that you found were helpful to you, please let Ms. Yang know!