1) “When will I ever use this in real life?!” is a common question I get from students. Here is an example of when not knowing math can cost you $15,000.
2) Math mistakes in movies!
4) Created by the same guy from spikedmath.com, Mike also has a blog on failures in math, funny jokes, cool facts, puzzles, comics, videos and more: Math Fail. Rated 14A.
5) Math cartoon clips! www.mathtoons.com
8) Love Sudokus? Hate Sudokus? Either way, you might just like KENKEN better!! My students have found this quite addictive. See for yourself!
9) Want to learn Chinese via interactive free video game? Click here.
10) Educational science video game. Developed and curated by MIT’s Education Arcade and the Smithsonian Institution, VANISHED is a first-of-its-kind experience where participants become investigators racing to solve puzzles and other online challenges, visit museums and collect samples from their neighborhoods to help unlock the secrets of the game.
11) Want to learn 3D animation, for free? Click here.
12) FREE photorealistic landscape/scenery generator software (Terragen 2) created by Planetside. Click on “galleries” to see exactly what you can CREATE with this FREE software! Simply amazing…
13) TED – ideas worth spreading. It stands for “Technology, Education and Design” There are a TONNE of inspiring talks from industry leaders that are quite captivating. Click here for the website and here for a talk by a child that I was so humbled by.
Got any cool FREE online educational resource you’d like to share? Contact Ms. Yang!